View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm really confused.

SN has had a great solo career. she has been revered as a rock legend. she seems so happy lately, on a very successful tour with another legendary woman rocker. her tour seems to be everything her fans have been dreaming of for years and decades.

so why do her fans sound so bitter towards the rest of FM, and towards other fans?
I think you know why. But it's good to start a thread and get those reasons out, I guess, especially since FM fans have nothing else to do but complain and shout in frustration.

Stevie fans are protective of her. They sense anger coming from the band fans who are, righty or wrongly, pinning all of the blame for no new FM music on her. Most Stevie fans wouldn't be disappointed if she left the band for good and continued to do her own thing. Band fans want the band to be more than an oldies troupe reliving former glories over and over again, less imaginatively each time. If this means as a foursome, a certain subsection of fans (myself included) are happy to see the back of her.

Stevie works hard in both contexts. She's not lazy. But with FM she isn't generating anything anymore. It's all posture and posing these days, retelling and reselling the same yarns.