View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote
The petite 155cm (5'1") singer, who at one point weighed just 48kg (105 lbs.) says she was finally forced to admit the controversial Atkins Diet wasn't working for her when her weight ballooned to 76kg (167 lbs.) in late 2004. At that point she decided to go on the same Weight Watchers eating plan as Sarah Ferguson and, for the first time in a decade, she saw her weight drop to 66kg (145 lbs.).
Thanks for posting this article, Daniel. I enjoyed reading it for two reasons: first, it was enjoyable reading in itself & second it validated to me what I saw with my own eyes all these years. I seriously began to doubt what I was seeing because other fans had such different impressions, but this article assures me I was never crazy (other fans have always referred to her correct weight on the Body Mass Index as "drugged-out gaunt" or "concentration-camp thin").

167 lbs sounds about right to me based on what I saw on that Fleetwood Mac tour & in all the magazines. Bummer for Stevie. 167 on the BMI is in the obesity range (which is 130 BMI or higher & 167 lbs. for someone 5'1" is a 31.6). Even Stevie's current, post-Atkins weight (145 lbs. or 27.4 BMI) is still in the overweight range (which goes from 25 to 29.9 BMI) according to the BMI.

Stevie would have to get down to just about 130 lbs. (or less) to be in the normal weight range of the BMI. According to the article, she plans to go for 135 when she gets home from Australia, & I'm really rooting for her to be successful at that.

moviekinks.blogspot.com