View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
lol! Yeah, I know it's not fair that I managed to blag a copy. I even surprised myself there.

It's true I'm a Buckingham Nicks gal, but I really like this new album from Christine.

Like Rumours, it's a total break-up album, so fittingly Ken Caillat is one of the producers, along with Chris herself and her nephew Dan Perfect.

There's plenty of the Chris of old on the album, and rather surprisingly there's not a huge amount of keyboards on there, rather layers of guitar (not that it's guitar heavy or anything, it's definitely a pop album).

The album is a mixture of funkier numbers such as the groovy Bad Journey or the vitriolic Liar, and breezy laid back pop numbers such as You Are (which almost sounds like classic Mac) and the heartbreaking Calumny.

Just think, if I reckon it's good then you Chris fans out there, will love it!
Of course I miss Lindsey's guitar, the irreplaceable Mac rhythm section and the harmonies (although there are plenty on the album) but Chris' voice is stronger than ever and there are certainly songs to love on the album.
I really CANNOT wait to hear this...i'm glad Chris is back and it's awesome to hear she's stronger than ever on her vocals