View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
actually Lindsey explained in a long interview where he went through many songs and how he produced them that Storms was kind of a basic country song [and from what he said it sounds like it might have been a more twangy or even a bit more upbeat the way she had it] and anyone else would have kept it that way but he wanted it to be more meaningful. I think it was a British interview. I have it recorded somewhere. That's a great example of his production where it sounds really simple like oh that's just Stevie and Lindsey and his one acoustic guitar and it's not. There's many layers of guitar made to sound simple and there's a piano line that runs through it that really adds to it.

The piano on Beautiful Child does sound a lot like they took her original plonky piano thing she does on her demos and polished it a bit. I've never heard her demo of Angel, but given how she's done it solo that's another one that wouldn't have been as good without his influence. Having John's baseline so prominent really makes it pop. And LB tweaked her melody which you can see part of on the Tusk doc. then later in the doc she tells Christine how it was all her idea.
Those three songs may sound different and improved from their demos but the song structures themselves are sound and can stand on their own, which was my original point.