View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
let's not pretend that FM and SN were not a laughing stock at the time. and they would have stayed that for a while if they didn't do the reunion.

LB was not commercially successful, but that is all. if he didn't do the reunion, he would have stayed non-commercial probably, same as he is now. he had his respect intact, as a songwriter, performer and a producer, all his show and album reviews were stellar, as well as he was extremely inspired and prolific at the time - he just needed that stuff to be released, and we know he tried to release that original Gift of Screws, several times.

if they didn't do a reunion, FM would not be in a RnR HOF now. but as far as new music, we would have had way more and better from Lindsey, and possibly Lindsey/Chris combo.
Was Stevie still considered a laughing stock at that time? I know she was ridiculed a lot around the Street Angel era but had it not passed yet?
But I actually see your point. I've always thought that as well. Lindsey wasn't commercially successful but he never really was a huge star anyways and he was still respected. Stevie on the other hand must've really felt the 'decline' so to speak. I feel for Stevie in that era. People said such cruel things about her and they had no idea of the addiction she was battling.