View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
If I could change the set list, I'd do this:
Replace Wish You Were Here (not a great song to open a show) with Brown Eyes.
Let Lindsey's solo acoustic songs be solo -- lose the keyboard filler.
Replace Game of Pretend with Carnival Begin.
Remove Little Lies (doesn't work w/o the rest of FM).
Don't end the set with two new songs.
I disagree with just about all of this. (I saw them in Boston.) I loved "Wish You Were Here." I think having Lindsey perform "solo" without the "keyboard filler" would be a bad mistake; this isn't a Lindsey solo show. "Game of Pretend" was wonderful, and ending with the two new songs made a bold and effective statement that this is NOT Fleetwood Mac. I thought "Little Lies" sounded great just the way it was.

I do agree that "Carnival Begin" would have been a great addition. I might have dropped "Feel About You," which I think is an okay, not great song, and the night I heard it, Lindsey's vocals overpowered Chris on this song.

The one change to the set list that I would really have liked would be to drop "Shut Us Down." I didn't see the point in playing a Lindsey solo deep cut. They should have played either a Christine solo song (maybe "Got a Hold On Me"), a Christine early (pre-Lindsey) FM song (like "Spare Me a Little"), or simply kept the acoustic set to three songs, thus opening up one slot for another BuckVie song later in the set.