View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 11:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm thrilled for Stevie and her success as well.

I think a combination of things made this tour successful. Adding The Pretenders was a brilliant decision. Two strong, iconic female singers. Great classic songs. A mutual love and respect for each other. Fans from the same generation.... It was a magical bill that pleased fans of both artists, unlike the tragic outing with Rod Stewart.

Word of mouth also contributed greatly. Stevie received overwhelmingly glowing reviews for her show. A new setlist, an engaged and energetic performance, genuine happiness to be performing new/different songs, funny and charming stories. It was classic Stevie, and the audience picked up on the positive vibe and told their friends about it.

As always, the successful tour of a reunited Fleetwood Mac in 2014-15 helped give momentum to Stevie's own trek. She may not want to record with them, but she has to acknowledge that being in the band contributes in profound ways to her solo success.

If Stevie and her management were smart, they'd put out some new product to take advantage of the great press and success of the tour. But I've been a fan long enough to know that that ain't gonna happen.... :-)