Thread: Board politics
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I can only offer a few general insights on this since it's not my exact area of competence, however the first rules actually refer to statements pointed towards other members of the board, not members of the band.
The last is a more grey area and in fact it's assembled more as an advice than a rule. In those cases it's hard to draw a line between what constitutes a violation and what doesn't, and there's a fine line between preserving the peace and overmoderating too.
Generally the politics of this board tries to leave to members the most freedom of expression possible because it's best to exceed on the side of freedom than on the side of constraint.

Thanks for the explanation sisternightroad, I'm sure it can be a difficult task deciding when posts have stepped over the line, and I understand you don't want to overmoderate.
I guess we'll just have to all keep arguing then

And thanks for all the explanations of the term "snowflakes". I had some idea of it's recent usage. Snowflakes really are beautiful though - I've just been looking on google images (no images of sensitive young adults on there) . We rarely get snow here, so when it does fall it's a magical event.