View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
Hi Wouter,

Right at the beginning of this version, a voice can be heard saying ‘I’ll take it this time’. I am 99% sure that the voice is Peter Green, also the playing seems to have much more depth…
I know the voice that says 'I’ll take it this time’ (with an East London accent) on the 'Goldtop' Slabo Day track is definately Peter. Why would he say that, and not take the lead?

Regards Norton (best bikes ever)

hi norton, wouter

thanks very much. i've never heard this version and somehow missed the earlier threads. 100% its peter saying 'i'll take it this time' and i agree w/ your interpretation of his intention and that it is peter's lead throughout

just like him to leave this version off in the skies. and just like snowy to put a peter green solo track w/ peter on lead on his career summary

regardless its timeless

you reminded me of the earlier threads about post mac period recordings. snowy was there and close to peter then and over the subsequent years. a very together guy

snowy would be a good person to ask about live peter green recordings from that period and unreleased sessions. also about other outtakes from in the skies though john is probably right about the latter

z