View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB View Post
Tusk is the no-brainer top choice for me. For second place, I spent a lot of time going back and forth between Rumours and Say You Will. I've loved Rumours for almost 30 years. I think it's one of the greatest albums ever recorded (and overall a much better album than Say You Will). But in the end, I decided that Rumours has three absolutely stellar songs by Lindsey (Second Hand News, Never Going Back Again and Go Your Own Way) and that's all. (I don't count The Chain as a Lindsey song.) Say You Will also has three stellar songs by Lindsey (Red Rover, Bleed to Love Her and Say Goodbye) plus some very good songs in What's The World Coming To, Peacekeeper and Steal Your Heart Away, as well as some work that took major risks (Come), which is something that Rumours, as amazing as it is, really didn't do. So I very narrowly voted for SYW over Rumours as my number two.
Also, I forgot to mention another point in favor of SYW: Though it's not part of the "official" album sequence, there's the beautiful version of Dylan's "Love Minus Zero/No Limit" on the deluxe edition, which I adore.