View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it *was* interesting to see the pic (was it on his Instagram? elle will know!) of him standing in his home studio with Brett and some other person at the computer and it had the caption of something like preparing for the tour or whatever... I think you're right, analog is something he can do with his eyes closed and he uses it a lot, but he keeps up with the latest tech and makes use of it to his best advantage.
yeah it was posted on IG/twitter/FB - it was Brett Tuggle, Michael Kianka and LB. you will see Michael on stage as a member of the band when you go to a show. he plays samples and keyboard, maybe some backing vocals.

which makes sense with all the info in this post too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
Lindsey has been a programmer since the Go Insane days, be it the Fairlight synthesizer, the Emulator synthesizer, both of which were keyboards, to Linn and Roland drum machines, to modern day Trinity, Triton, Motif synths, etc. I think in his mind he considers all of these to be instruments and not computers. Tango was a 1980's programming masterwork and you can be quite sure that those programmed sounds were coming from Lindsey and not Christine. There are plenty of programmed sounds all the way up to BuckVie too. However, a lot of these sounds and pads are brought to front through keyboards so I am sure he considers the craft of programming and building soundscapes to be art and the keyboards to be part of his playing even though they are really more triggers.

There was an instagram post from the sitting room in his home studio where he had 2 mid 2000's Triton Keyboard Synth / Sampler Workstations piled up on their sides in the background.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"