View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Thanks, Netter75, for all this detail.

It amazes me that with songs like "Candlebright" "Sorcerer" "The Dealer" "Planets Of The Universe" and "Smile At You" available, they still went with something as awful as "Welcome To The Room Sara" (maybe Stevie insisted on its inclusion). "When I See You Again" is also worse than the above songs, but not nearly so bad as "Welcome To The Room" (which really prevents the album from being able to claim masterpiece status).
I also want to thank Netter75 for his descriptive post. Very helpful.

I agree, it's crazy to think the band chose those songs by Stevie over the ones you mentioned, but I'm sure they were looking at the future and not the past. Planets of the Universe is one of my favorite Stevie/FM songs, and it's inclusion would have been fabulous. However, I remember an interview where Stevie said she played the recorded version of Planets of the Universe for Lindsey, and that he praised the producer, saying he could never figure out what to do with the song. I have no idea if that's true, but if it is, that might explain why Planets never made it on a FM album.