Thread: Reissues
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Ledgie

Default Reissues

Howdy hey. If you guys were forced to choose your favorite series of reissues, what would you say? In one corner you have the three reissues from 2003 of "Fleetwood Mac", "Rumours" and "Tusk" and in the other corner you have the recent remasters of "Rumours", "Tusk", "Mirage" and "Tango In The Night".

For me, just for sheer completeness, I really love these recent reissues. I think the actual remasters of the albums sound quite good, and they are big improvements over the original CD versions from the 1980s. But, I do have a soft spot for the 2003 remasters. I do miss how those had jam sessions tacked on at the end. It puzzles me why "Kiss and Run" and the studio version of "The Farmer's Daughter" weren't on the recent reissue of "Tusk". I also prefer the 2003 remaster of "Rumours", due to it having "Silver Springs" where it would have been on the album rather than being shoehorned in at the end.

Also, do you think these remasters will go past "Tango In The Night"? I would love it if "Say You Will" or "Behind The Mask" got some remastering, but that seems a little unlikely. They probably don't have enough material for a box set reissue, but at least a two disc reissue.