View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this is the album Bob had most input on. It had a very heavy sound, not surprising given that is the direction he wanted to go toward and resulted in the short lived Paris group. The rest were a bit preoccupied with moving half way across the planet from which to fight for the band name against Davis. There may even have been a rush to get something out there under the name Fleetwood Mac to strengthen their legal claim what with the bogus group having played around the U.S.

I have loved Angel for quite awhile, I find it very evocative, crossing some kind of southern swampy feel with outer space stuff.

Safe Harbor and Coming Home are as good but more spacey (I too thought I'd heard them long before I found this album). Three top drawer tracks in my opinion, with Silver Heels and Bermuda Triangle as decent album tracks but Born Enchanter seems more a throwaway filler.

I think I'd like to have a brighter mix of this album possibly, I got it as an import from Germany at least a decade ago so maybe that's why the production and mixing seems on the poor side (or maybe a lack of funding).