View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMagic View Post
I'm gonna find my huge rock to climb under when I say the following and keep in mind it's just my dumb opinion.

BTW who here would honestly abstain from seeing the mac next year if you know in advance the setlist will be Rumours heavy? Even if you love Rumours, you got to be sick of hearing it by now. Or even the Buckingham Nicks album. I really like that album. Would love to hear it live. I just wish The Mac would stop treating their fans like The Eagles do theirs. (Bear in mind though I can't stand The Eagles, however I do like Don Henley's solo work)
Nope. I don't care if it is popular on this forum or not. I listened to it in 1977 and still listen to it to this day, very often, and could listen to FM play those songs live everynight until I die. For me, I love the music and what the songs have to say. I appreciate the songs totally on their own merits as songs and couldn't care less how many times they've been played. I don't let airplay numbers or sales figures get in the way. I get the impression that people are "down" on Rumours because of the sales and overkill airplay and live performances, and not because they are looking purely at the songs themselves, outside of the sales context. But try pretending that Rumours didn't sell well and really listen to the songs. Don't blame the art for what "the machine" did to it.

But hey, ya know, I also love Welcome to The Room Sara and When I See You Again, so I guess I'm in my own little world anyway.

Last edited by seekerj; 08-15-2012 at 12:50 PM..