View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Why book studio time, Fleetwood Macsters? It's like herding cats. You're going to be with one another for several months touring. Record while you're at.
I can't even really understand what you mean. Are you saying that they should record the album during sound checks or something? They really don't have any free time to coalesce during the tour.

It's not like the old days when they were all hanging out in that one big dressing room, while on tour, endlessly communing. I don't think they can actually create together on the road -- although they could do so during a break after the first leg.

However, I agree with you that if they have some songs sketched out already, have a basic vocal arrangement and melody for them, that they could actually play them in concert, like in the old days when they did songs live before they were recorded. But we would need a rough draft of those songs to already exist. If they do, perform them in concert first and then release it on a live CD if the band never gets around to formally recording it.

Michele