View Single Post
Old 09-09-2023, 03:59 AM

I'm in Vancouver, BC/Canada and listened to it on my AirPod Pros. I biked around Stanley Park with it blasting in my ears.
I'm impressed. And yes, Blue Letter is fantastic. Their virgin voices and harmonies are spot on. Other times, the intonation is all over the place.. but it's still better than what they do now with their 17 back up singers.

This show has (IMO) of the best vocals on a live Songbird I've ever experienced. I wish it was piano only so she would work a little harder and throw a solo in the bridge, but wow, it's very touching and she's truly connected to the lyrics.

Strangely, Dreams is also pretty damn good and didn't bore me.

ISA isn't fully developed yet (it's almost of the Tusk tour quality) still amazing however.

Christine's maracas on Oh Well are fabulous. She even throws in some B3 in the latter part of the song.

YMLF vocally her voice is so pure. She goes sharp vs. flat throughout the show.

Rhiannon is ok. I feel like Christine is trying to sing opera on the harmony and kind of kills that sensation they usually give me.

Stevie's Landslide is the best I've heard live. By Tusk, I can't stand this song because she doesn't breathe correctly and her phrasing kills the sentiment of the beautiful, sublime, gentle studio version.

NGBA!!! Regular speed!! And it has brushes and bass. vs. Tusk where he thinks he's clever and slows it down with that bellowing. (much like his ex on Tusk tour Landslide). It's ok to sing straight tone legato guys!!

The Chain is fantastic as is GYOW. I will say Mirage Forum versions of these songs are superior in intensity. But, not to say they don't nail it here 5 years earlier.

Blue Letter is wonderful. The three voices are a little more balanced than other live versions that I've heard.

Best SYLM that I've heard. Also Over My Head is wonderful.

Correct me if I'm wrong, David O, but we've heard this GDW before. And maybe we've heard the Oh Daddy too? They sound awfully familiar to my fuzzy brain. Anyway, such a treat to hear them raw and not quite full of themselves.
I would like a full concert of 1976, too! Official release, of course.

Interested to hear what you all think. I know Macfan will have a 10 page report.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-09-2023 at 10:10 AM..