View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuchagirl View Post
Wednesday night's Buck-McVie was such a wonderful experience! I'm more of a lurker, a reader, with my first post on Wednesday.

I was worried about the weather, so I waited until the night before to buy a ticket! I snagged an excellent reserved seat, for $65 including all fees, next to another confirmed FM aficionado who was lovingly clutching signed CD and LP. I got a keychain.

The $10 parking was a fantastic deal. I usually would go for the free parking, but it's almost like there's a "point of no return" when you drive up the Chateau's driveway, and all that was ahead of me was $10 parking, so I relaxed and did it. I was incredibly close to an entrance point: short walk, quick rifling of my bag, a metal-detector, and swoosh I was in. The concession booth was not very busy (I often am deterred by lines), so I checked it all out. Very mellow for such a big-league concert.

Fantastically for me and my FM-addict seatmate, the seat in front of us was vacant!

My seatmate went down to the front as soon as she saw that security was allowing it. I liked what I had in my reserved seat and stayed.

The crowd was appreciative, welcoming. I saw two ladies, when "Hold Me" started up, they looked at each other, clasped hands, and began singing the lines to each other, like little fan girls, but they were easily in the 40s-50s. So cute!

I enjoyed the entire experience, Chateau St. Michelle is just about the best venue I've ever been at, glad Lindsey/Christine played there.

I noticed that nobody on stage said "Seattle" or any locational name: I read on this board that there was a screwup related to Boston, so maybe they are a bit shy about that right now, especially since Woodinville is a half-hour from Seattle.

I didn't have any wine, but a lot of people were indulging.

It was a fabulous night: I'm so glad Lindsey keeps performing with the little machine, and he seems very engaged & in great shape so he may do this into his 70s. Yay for us!
where were your seats?

We were towards the back of the reserved seating section.