Thread: The Reagans
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
... So jwd, if you're sick of the partisan politics what's your plan? Because we're stuck with it. It's the lesser of two evils type thing. I think there are some good people running for president, however they'll never get elected because they can't raise 200 million dollars for their campaign war chest and two, most people are too easily led or they just don't give a damn.
I think it would be nice if we could "all get along" with the people of Iraq. How do you like them apples?
I have to say I agree with you, it has always been the conservative v. liberal thing at least in my lifetime. I mean, I can remember politicians in the late 60's calling people "liberal" for wanting to get rid of the laws that allowed blacks and whites to EEEEKKKKK marry. The Christian far right said it was against God's laws and would foster heathens and a Godless and lawless society - none of this happened, but the far Christian right sure made a lot of money off of it and the so called liberal politicians taksed a good game but voted with the conseratives. Note: these are the same arguments the far Christian right is using against allowing homosexuals any rights at all to express what they feel and do on a consenual basis and the so called liberals are still talking a good game but still are voting with the conservatives (see the Defense of Marriage Act). So, apparently the beat goes on. That is sad to me. My way of trying to change it is ti judge everyone on their past acts and not their rhetoric or their political party. I think Bush thought he could change things, but it has not turned out that way for the most part, alhough and again, he certainly seems to be able to get a significant majority to pass his legislation.

As for getting along with Iraq, by all reports we are trying to do just that. IMO - we could have done it a whole lot better had we had a plan that worked instead of the one in place now, which despite the advances made in Iraq, clearly is not working as fast as people would like and is making the US and her allies look silly and incompetent.

save the cheerleader - save the world