Thread: The Reagans
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2003, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Independents Rule?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Even after these types of discussions, I couldn't sit down and tell you necessarily which Ledgies are conservatives and which are liberals.
Could you tell what I am?

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
Well, I would certainly hope they would show restraint.
We can hope all we want, but they sure as hell woudn't show any restraint; they'd be out for blood. Then, in turn, us far-left liberals would cry foul and the right would say we're censoring them.

I don't know who watches shows like O'Reilly, Scarborough, Hannity or listens to any other public conservative, but they look at Clinton as the anti-christ. So, I don't have to speculate on how they would make a movie concerning Clinton; we all know how they would go about it.

As for the Reagan dime, they are taking advantage of the supposed "public outcry" over the miniseries. In essence, it wasn't a public outcry, it was an outcry from dyed-in-the-wool conservatives who fought like soldiers to get the mini pulled. The sudden boom in everything Reagan is giving them the ammo to get a famous liberal Democrat pushed towards the backburner and a famous Republican towards the forefront again.

The movie has been in the can for almost three years; it's a tad late for everyone to be crying about the timing.

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Why can't we all just get along
Because our country has fostered an intolerant society for three years.

We can't get along because ignorant folks believe that Saddam was responsible for 9/11, because patriotism is just the latest fad, because holding office is all about what can be done for the individual, because the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, because benefits are being taken away from those who need them most, because people are dying every day for bull**** reasons, because the President is more concerned with photo-ops than human beings, and because he had the BALLS to go to Iraq on Thanksgiving and pose for photos holding a plastic turkey. And his approval rating spiked, furthing showing how ignorant and stupid the people of this country have become.

We don't get along because our country is the butt of every joke made in foreign countries. We don't get along because we invade foreign countries and steamroll over the cars of people who steal wood to burn for their freezing families for punishment. Because we are the leading imperialists in this world.