View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
If she was indeed having panic attacks, flying is MISERABLE under those conditions. It taps into your primal fears about dying/crashing/not being in control, etc. So I would disagree with the comments insinuating she's just being a big baby about traveling in high style. If you've never had a panic attack, you have no idea how terrifying it is.
And if you don't like to fly, you don't like to fly period. It doesn't matter how comfy flying might be. To imply otherwise is like saying you shouldn't have vertigo as long as you're looking down at a nice view.

Also, the fear of flying is something that can develop or intensify over time. I know my dad flew for work for decades, but after he retired he somehow developed a fear of it and the more time he let lapse between flights the worse it got. Finally, if he couldn't get there by bus or plane, he stopped going.

For Christine, if she possessed this fear in the past, the fact that she was under the influence most of the time probably numbed it a great deal. She no longer has that crutch to lean on.

Michele