View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry I didn't post this sooner.
Short version: the concert was great--the audience didn't become great till halfway thru the show.

Long version: no change in the set list and they did Game of Pretend. Maybe nobody was sick yet. This was Halloween night and Christine was wearing spider jewelry on her jacket and had a pumpkin on her keyboard. A couple in the audience were dressed like vampires. I thought people would be a little more rowdy since it was Halloween but everyone sat and clapped till Tusk. A few of us kept popping up like prairie dogs during various songs but not enough to motivate a large portion of the audience. Lindsey was settling into his 1,000 yard stare when he saw the crowd was going to sit. There was a girl at the end of my row (4th) that I spoke to before the show. We kept looking at each other throughout the show like wtf! Even Too Far Gone didn't get them up. Finally when Tusk started to pick up she made her move. She ran up to the front and grabbed the vampires to dance. I yanked the girl next to me out of her seat and then finally more people got up. Yahoo!

Most everyone was sitting again when I'm So Afraid started. Not me, I turned around and motioned for people to get up. Not many takers till the song was almost over. I have a weird relationship with this song (I never change, I never will is totally me) and I always feel like I have to brace myself for Lindsey's solo. When I see people sitting during this song I want to scream you're going to be blown away, I promise! After the song Lindsey nodded at me and gave me a thumbs up! I had my sign out earlier but I don't think Chris or Lindsey saw it. I held it up at the end when they were lined up to take a bow. Lindsey saw it and pointed it out to Chris who looked directly at me and smiled.
They sounded great. Chris sounds stronger to me on the second leg of the tour. She goofed the lyrics a little during YMLF but no biggie. This show had a bittersweet feel for me--happy I saw them but sad cause this was my last show. When Thanksgiving rolls around I'll include this tour on my list of things to be thankful for.