04 - Red Rover
05 - Come

Side B

06 - Peacekeeper
07 - Bleed To Love Her
08 - Steal Your Heart Away
09 - Love Minus Zero/No Limit

10 - Say Goodbye
thanks for this thread! always happy to talk about GOS1 - the most spectacular LB solo album that never happened.

i bolded songs a love - so basically your opening and ending song choices i cannot stand but all others would be in my pick as well.

What's The World Coming to was not on the original GOS and doesn't deserve to be, imo. musically, i never cared for that song. and when Nicks' horrible nasal voice come in, my ears just start to bleed and i have to skip to another song, if i haven't immediately after the song started already.

adore Lindsey's version of Love Minus Zero (also not on original GOS). his little ornate guitar parts add something special to it. very different from Clapton's version, for example.

never care for Say Goodbye - the fast or the slow version. such schmaltz. in fact, the very definition of schmaltz. no Lindsey, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
I think most fans consider the original Gift of Screws (bootlegs circulating, cannabalized into several records, Under The Skin, Say You Will, the official Gift of Screws, etc.) as the masterpiece that never was.
agree 1000 %, as you know already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Strongly dislike "Come" and don't much care for "What's The World Coming To" (complaint rock), "Red Rover," "Peacekeeper," or that too-fast arrangement of "Say Goodbye" (though I like the song).
interesting. you are selecting many of the songs that are fantastic but different from decades old mac formula. and that's fine if one likes formula, something familiar to wrap you in its warmth.

Come and Red Rover are amazing songs, and propelling Mac and Lindsey's music forward instead of keep on running to stand still. WTWCT i already bashed above, so i'm with you there. musically WYWCT and Peacekeeper (Mac version) are regular run of the mill songs. lyrics-wise, they are way forward for Lindsey, instead of i-love-you/you-don't-love-me stuff that Mac's 3 classic songwriters became famous for. while i can't stand WTWCT, i actually love Peacekeeper, especially the much faster solo version.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"