View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminol View Post
Sadly, I hope they cancel the tour for this reason, as well. Just cancel it for the benefit of your fans who are struggling right now and need the money!

Of course I would never want an LB tour canceled normally, but this is not "normally." People need the money right now and the only way to get a refund is to cancel the shows (which is crappy on Ticketmaster's part but it is what it is).

His people must know that his fans will support him and buy tickets whenever a new tour is announced... I hope they realize it would be the right thing to do for many of us in this difficult time (which hopefully will soon pass, but there's no guarantee).

Hope you are all well.
if you bought your ticket through the venue, even if the show is just postponed (and the new date is announced) you can get your money back. so for the Vegas show for example, you can get your money back, even though there's a new date now.

it's just ticketmaster that is draining people (surprise, surprise!). ticketmaster will never do what is the "right thing to do" sadly. i will try to avoid buying future tickets through ticketmaster / live nation at all costs, and chose shows sold directly through venues.

that said, the right thing to do was what The Killers did - they announced the fall arena tour, but didn't put the tickets on sale yet - waiting to see what will happen, and not taking money from people in the meantime.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"