View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Mirage is Lindsey's low point, IMO. He's totally thumbing his nose at the backlash from his Tusk experiments by contributing utterly inoffensive & completely boring songs.

Tango is one of Fleetwood Mac's best albums, IMO... it's every bit as good of a pop album as Rumours & Mystery To Me. Oddly enough, when you look at the songwriters individually, they don't hold their own compared to their other albums.

In a strange twist of fate, I think Lindsey's best material is found on the 2 Mac albums where I feel Stevie's resides as well: Tusk & Say You Will. For me, those 2 albums are where Lindsey really flexes his creative muscle, and is probably most himself. Tusk is the band's masterpiece, IMO. In opposition to Mirage, I feel Say You Will is a terrible album, yet when you look at the songwriters individually, it's some of their best works of their careers.
Mirage may not be "deep", but I'll never understand the disrespect it gets.
I LOVE Can't Go Back, Book of Love, and even Empire State!!!

Tango just sounds too 80's for me. I mean, I like it, but it doesn't sound like a BAND playing, it sounds like a computer playing the instruments. It's pop perfection, but as a musician, it leaves me cold.

Tusk is the masterpiece, but probably not to the casual fan. Rumours is the album that changed my life...I am who I am, and became who I am, all over being OBSESSED with that album, as a kid. So even though I rarely listen to it anymore, Rumours will always be my favorite.

Say You Will? Just Say You Won't. Too long, too many songs, too many songs that sound like solo songs - not FM songs. And the FM balance of Christine, gone....I think that's why they shouldn't put anything else out(other than maybe EP's).