View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post

I think Mick has the chronology backwards...Doug Graves started the tour, but Bobby Hunt finished the tour. I saw them on one of their last shows of the tour in December '74 Hunt was there. When I was in the audience for the Don Kirshner taping (which was in late August/early September), Doug Graves was playing (complete with his sparkly silver sports coat).
That is very interesting to hear, ChiliD, thanks. Maybe Doug was hired as a member (artistically, at least) and was then fired over some reason that we'll never find out about. It would explain his comments about expecting to work on a post-Heroes album. And of course, Doug was an engineer on Heroes so logically, the band would have asked him to join for the tour first. Don Kirshner and Mitchel Reed announcing the five of them as members at that point would make sense in that context. Then Bob Welch called up his old friend Bobby Hunt to finish the tour as a backing keyboardist to fill in for what Doug had been doing. How's that for a theory?

Maybe we should start an unofficial campaign to get Doug Graves posthumously recognised as a 17th member of the Mac.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 01-20-2014 at 05:43 PM..