View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Get a Macbook
Agreed. After battling viruses and the short lifespan of PCs for the past 10 years, I decided to go with a 13" Macbook in December. The Macbook may cost you more to initially, but it pays for itself over time. It's very user friendly and intuitive (no more installing drivers, crap like that), but I still need to go take some free classes at my Apple store to really learn all the computer is capable of doing. I'm pretty technoligically helpless too for what it's worth.

I really like the fact my Macbook is made of aluminum... I'm accident prone, and it's sure nice to know it's tough. The fact the power cord is magnetic is good for my clumsy self too... if you trip on it, it just comes out without damaging anything. The battery life of the Mac is superior too. Most PCs are only about 2 hours... I regularly get 5 hours+ out of my battery (the newest Macbook Pros have 8 HOUR batteries). I like the fact the trackpad also doubles as the mouse button too... just double click on the trackpad instead of having to go back and forth between the mouse buttons and track pad. I love how quickly the Mac starts up too... far superior to any PC I've ever used. And it's so easy to access wireless signals vs PCs. Mac's are just extremely well built, and will run the same way 5 years from now as they do today. Odds are, a PC will have been dead after about 3 years lol.

Regarding the cost difference... just go to Best Buy and play with PC and Mac laptops. You'll see and FEEL the difference buy just using the computers. I often make the analogy of comparing the Mac to a PC the way I'd compare a BMW to a Pontiac. Yeah, the BMW and Pontiac may do basically the same thing: they both have 4 doors, are roughly the same size, etc... but the experience of DRIVING the two cars couldn't be more different. It's much the same with a Mac vs a PC. Go "drive" one and see what I mean... you'll be hooked!