View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Paul Simon was on Howard Stern this week and it was a fantastic interview. He said something that really applies to Fleetwood Mac. He was discussing when Simon and Garfunkel were breaking up. The record company was furious because they were the biggest sellers of albums worldwide. Paul said all duos break up. But then Howard pointed out when the breakups happen i.e. The Eagles, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards they always get back together.
Paul said they get back together NOT for the music but for the business. There is a huge difference. Besides Buck/Vie all Fleetwood Mac tours were not about the music but about the business of Fleetwood Mac. This is why I have always said there will be some sort of short lived official Farewell Tour. Mick will always need money and the Fleetwood Mac business may have one last gasp. Its why so many of us on this board are always frustrated at these tours. They are not about the music. We at the ledge are about the music.
And before everyone agrees, let me shame you SYW haters. Post Dance Irving was making groups money making touring machines. Lindsey wanted to make an album that some say went too far in his direction. Yet it gets flamed when one of the few times it was about the music. Yet the audience did not respond which only reinforced the band to be only about business.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-23-2023 at 12:14 PM..