View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey also said:

Quote:
The Tusk album was the result of a certain process, the result of my songs being the radical departure and evolving into a different concept of recording, which was basically me at home recording all the instruments. On the Mirage album, that was something I didn't really want to impose on the group because I had done that on one album and though it succeeded on Tusk, it was not enough of a community effort. Now I have a solo album and a solo deal. I can go ahead and pursue that process on my own without imposing it on the group.
During his TITN press:

Quote:
I would not have wanted to leave the group on the ambiguous note that Mirage sounded. There were lots of things left hanging out on limbs: finances, emotions. I think there was also some pride at stake. This band has done some remarkable things and Mirage was no way for it to say goodbye. I think we had something to prove and we did it in the new album. So now it feels like the time.
Quote:
I think the Mirage album was not a very positive way to leave Fleetwood Mac. We did the tour, but it was an ambiguous album. It was not an album of vision. It left a lot of things dangling. And, for me, this album took a lot of the emotions or the finances or whatever realm you want to get into, and tied it all up in a nice, strong package. I wouldn’t have wanted to leave the Fleetwood Mac situation - none of us would - with the Mirage album. And I may be wrong; I may be talking up my ‘arse’ here. But right now, you’re right: I don’t know why anyone would want to keep going with just one thing the rest of their lives when there’s other things to delve into and to try.
Quote:
"I was kind of just drifting through Mirage, myself. I didn't know why we were doing it or what we were doing, really. It was sort of reactionary. That's the way I felt about it."