Thread: Anyone Else...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Yikes. I have so many things to say to all you wrote. Much of what you have written are merely half-truths and not even true (not necessarily your fault). Also, it seems you are taking something very silly/satirical and making it into something intentionally created to hurt, i.e.,"Serve Yourself". (You do realize that that particular song was not even released by John, right? That was just done in good humor in his bedroom or kitchen...yep, such was the utter brilliance of that man that throwaways could be taken that seriously.) Artists are not that anal about every little song/poem/word written about them. In any case, Geoff Emerick was, and remains, a Paul lackie. He hardly criticized John to the extent he slagged off George Harrison, dragged Ringo through the dirt, and brushed off George Martin's genius. I really don't pay him any mind. As far as what John did to Julian...parents can mess their kids up with very random acts of cruelty. What you fail to focus on is that John and Julian started getting very close towards the end of his life, that he made a valid effort to bond with his son, and that he had become an incredible father to his son Sean. People grow up, and John definitely did. I'm kind of done talking about it on here. PM me if you want to discuss further, as this is your Lindsey thread and I want to respect other Ledgies' desire to read about the Mac and not gossip about John Lennon's life- much of which is exaggerated and meant to hurt him post-mortem.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 08-06-2012 at 04:38 PM..