View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think we have different definitions of RBF.

Resting B*tchy Face as I understand it means when you are just normally walking around, or doing work, or whatever, your face in its normal resting state (which you are not purposely putting on) has an expression on it that others interpret to mean that you are in a bad mood or irritated or something -- yet you yourself don't realize this until someone tells you.

So to me, if someone had taken a candid shot of Lindsey just being himself in the studio or wherever and his face looked overly serious or cranky or something then THAT would be "RBF"

But when you KNOW that someone is pointing a camera at you and they are taking a picture and you have agreed to let them take your picture, and in that moment, when you just seconds before have been talking and smiling and laughing with people, in that moment that you are fully aware and consenting to have your photo taken, if you then decide to STOP smiling and laughing and PUT ON a serious, non-smiling face, that to me is definitely NOT "RBF" at all.

That's why I think it's funny..... he is deliberately choosing that face for photos. That's what I meant by 'active'. I mean, come on, this guy has seen photos of himself for almost 70 years of his life, 50 of them getting his pic taken for publicity and the like -- he knows how he wants to come across in photos and poses deliberately. With a face that looks like rather than one that looks like

Sorry yes I thought you meant the smiley shot. But I do think even that pic knowing the cameras are on him, even looks a little more natural and not a forced smile. In the Buck vie publicity shots he looked pained to be there. The look he seems more comfortable conveying is a bit more serious. He is the studio hermit