Old 04-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
You Make Loving Fun
World Turning
Go Your Own Way
Don’t Stop
Now don't kill me, you guys, but the last thing in the world I would need or want to hear is these warhorses, trotted out yet again just because it's a Fleetwood Mac tour & everyone in the organization is so paranoid about the public's "need" to hear this stuff again. In fact, I have trouble believing some of you who say you want to hear this stuff again. I seriously doubt you want to hear "Don't Stop" anymore. If you do, you've left your brain at the door.

But check this out. I put "Forever" on repeat play the other day -- just kept listening to it over & over for maybe an hour. I began to imagine ways that this groovy little song could be stretched out a bit, giving Mason/Burnette/Bramlett a chance to vocalize so well (which is what they do so well). The song could even have served as Mick's solo occasion, preferably with drums rather than articles of electronic clothing. So I decided, as I was listening to this, that by damn my own group was going to add this song to our repertoire. I took it over to the electric piano & started pounding it out. It's a kick! We will do it!

"Forever"!! And eeeeeee-ver!! And eeeeeeeeeee-ver!!

Lots of missed opportunities on the two "Time" tours, that's for sure. I've heard millions of bar bands cover "Say You Love Me" & "Don't Stop," & Fleetwood Mac sounded like one covering all that overfamiliar, overplayed, overperformed stuff. They cut their own throats.

moviekinks.blogspot.com