Thread: Favorite Photos
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This was the description of coke use in the 80s described by the guitarist of the Police, Andy Summers in his memoir:

"Cocaine use rages like a white blizzard, and to avoid it, you would need a Band-Aid over your mouth and nose. Wherever we are now, drug dealers leap like genies from the wallpaper....... Everyone does coke: lawyers, bankers, athletes, accountants, office workers, roadies, technicians, limo drivers, and hotel maids. From the straightest to the worst party animals, its use is epidemic, and all activities seemed to be accompanied by a line or two through the rolled-up dollar bill."

This totally jives with the way Lindsey always described the industry back then.... he would say everyone was doing it, not just performers but managers and accountants and lawyers too.

So I'd say it'd be pretty hard to be around anyone, and especially Stevie, and not be using. I think of Carol Ann's description of being pulled into a bathroom and given some (not by Stevie but around the band). There was a quote from Benmont in the Tom Petty biography where he says he never realized how much coke could be done til he got around Stevie. So yeah, I'd wager no one in her inner circle was immune. And I hate to say it, but you have to wonder about the influence it may have had on some of those kids who were born around that circle like her godson.