View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
^ I am so sorry you had to endure that.

I had been circumcized as an infant, but had to have surgery on my junk when I was 4 years old. I remember it well. The opening or 'slit' to pee was not long enough, and I recall being in horrible pain when I had to pee. I also recall being unable to tell my parents about it. It (the pain) happened one night when we were at a relatives house, I was crying and in a lot of pain. I had to urinate, but was unable. I was able to tell my aunt what was hurting, though my Mom and Dad were there, it was my aunt who I went to. The next day I was in the hospital having surgery. The incision was made longer, and no pain after. The stitches were a kind that didn't need to removed, and fell out maybe two weeks later. I'm still unsure if it was a botched circumcision that caused that defect in me being unable to urinate. Does anyone know if that could cause it?
I do remember that I didn't want to tell my parents because I thought they would just argue about it and it was just pain I had to put up with, but I couldn't stand for them to just yell about it and still be in the pain. But I felt that my Aunt would help me and she'd make sure my Mom and Dad got help for me. That's most unpleasant to recall, maybe even more than the physical pain. I thought "I just have to accept this, and I can't tell Mom and Dad." I was four years old.
I can't imagine any of that had to do with circumcision; it sounds like one of those freaky congenital things. But it really is telling that you could not bring yourself to tell your parents about it at the age of 4. Have you discussed this with your therapist?