View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 12:24 AM
Registered

^ I am so sorry you had to endure that.

I had been circumcized as an infant, but had to have surgery on my junk when I was 4 years old. I remember it well. The opening or 'slit' to pee was not long enough, and I recall being in horrible pain when I had to pee. I also recall being unable to tell my parents about it. It (the pain) happened one night when we were at a relatives house, I was crying and in a lot of pain and wouldn't come out of the bathroom until my father yelled so loudly at me that I opened the door and left the bathroom. I had to urinate, but was unable. At the front door of her house, I couldn't keep myself from crying, and I was able to tell my aunt what was hurting, though my Mom and Dad were there, it was my aunt who I told. She crouched down to me, and I told her as softly as I could, while my parents were standing right there. This secret I couldn't tell my parents, Aunt Dorushka would help. She comforted me, said something to my parents, and I was brought to the hospital, it was night. The next day I was still in the hospital, and had surgery. The incision was made longer, and no pain after. While in the hospital, my mother brought me a talking Bugs Bunny puppet that I'd pull a chord and 'Bugs' would say a few different things. "Let's take it ee-zeee" is one phrase I recall in the Bugs voice when I pulled the string. I don't remember my Dad being there until he came to drive my mother and I home. A day or so later.
The stitches were a kind that didn't need to removed, and fell out maybe two weeks later. I'm still unsure if it was a botched circumcision that caused that defect of being unable to urinate. Does anyone know if that could cause it?
I do remember that I didn't want to tell my parents because I thought they would just argue about it and it was just pain I had to put up with, but I couldn't stand for them to just yell about it- at each other- and still be in the pain. But I felt that my Aunt would help me and she'd make sure my Mom and Dad got help for me. That's most unpleasant to recall, maybe even more than the physical pain. I thought "I just have to accept this, and I can't tell Mom and Dad." I was four years old.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-11-2010 at 02:28 AM..