View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think that does have to be taken into consideration. These songs may have a romantic yearning slant because he thought he would be singing them with a woman. He thought they would be FM songs and he was writing them, with an eye to having her on stage and in the recording with him. So, the words might have taken a turn accordingly, just to heighten performance of the material, just so they could play off of each other.

In that sense, maybe that's why BTLH and SYHA don't remind me of Stevie at all. Maybe he wrote them as solo ventures and wasn't thinking about her when the lyrics evolved. Michele
...and so they can be unified in the Mac context...and to meet the needs of fans.

I also agree about BTLH and SYHA; I don't get a Stevie vibe off those songs. Def do about Say Goodbye, of course, but that's bout it from that album.

Too bad he never really got the chance to write new songs after The Dance... except for Twist of Fate/Right Place to Fade... which is TTOOOOOOTTAAAAALLLY about Stevie.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.