View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Sacred cow
n.
One who is immune from criticism, often unreasonably so.

What did I say that was inappropriate? Christine is Fleetwood Mac's "Sacred Cow", no? No one's allowed to say anything bad about her or to dare say they don't like one of her albums, or to admit that they prefer Lindsey or Stevie (especially if they prefer Stevie). It's ok to slag Stevie, but you better not say a word about Christine.

Stevie's fans get all the grief for that behavior, but some of Christine's fans sure aren't immune to it. Just ask anyone who's dared to post a critical opinion on this particular forum.

I like you, Homer, but you do express some pretty cock-eyed views; damning Stevie's fans for their actions, and then engaging in the very same defensive behavior regarding Christine.

We can't expect something of others that we're not ourselves prepared to give. Disrespect begets disrespect.
Well let us get back to the root of the problem.

This was a pretty straight forward thread started for the simple reason of gaining a basic fact. There was nothing inflammatory posted from me, and all Homer did was jump in to defend himself and Chris.

Gee, I guess I do stir up ***** everywhere I go. Even when I don't mean to...

Last edited by Brwn_eyes0511; 11-09-2005 at 05:12 AM..