View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 11:13 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hmmmm.... so they're all in therapy now??

Agree with folks-- she was saying to HERSELF, "You're Christine f'ing McVie" i.e. so have confidence!!

Stevie has, in fact said "I'm STEVIE NICKS" but in reference to being so special she can't do stuff-- I can't go out with you, I'm STEVIE NICKS. I can't go to a show or to the market, I'm STEVIE NICKS" as if, that's beneath me. Very very different scenarios.
I don't think this is a fair assessment of Stevie's comment at all. She didn't say it like those things were beneath her, but more like she's so recognizable that it's hard for her to go anywhere without making a scene. If she went out to a concert with a guy, people are going to take pictures, it's going to be on the internet and the magazines. She doesn't want to have to deal with that. It's not that she's too special to go to the market, it's that she can't go without a bunch of people coming up to her and wanting autographs and pictures, etc. I'm betting it's much easier for someone like Lindsey or John and maybe even Christine to go out and do normal things. Billy Burnett mentioned in an interview that during the BTM tour Stevie was getting serious death threats and the FBI got involved. Now tell me how easy it is to go out to buy groceries if you're Stevie Nicks.