Thread: 2017 tour
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 03:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don't know your producer friend, but I've seen it work both ways. The artist knows what he/she wants, the producer has his/her idea of how it should sound, and they can't seem to get on the same page. I've had it happen to me more than once with different producers. One time I was laying down guitar and bass tracks, and I wanted a Chris Squire-heavy treble bass guitar sound, and I could hear the producer warming up the sound in the mix. I had to tell him a few times not to do that. He didn't have a frame of reference for what I was trying to do, and was more concerned about getting the right levels.
He has dealt with both her, and her Mother, Bonnie(Delaney and Bonnie[Bramlett] - that toured and recorded with Eric Clapton, for you kids), and says that they're BOTH divas. Nice enough, but both attention whores.

I know I probably told you in other forums, but Bekka went up with Dave Mason(opening for Journey this past summer), and did a few songs. She has ALWAYS amazed me. Such a gifted vocalist. A natural.