View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
When Stevie did one-off appearances on Dancing With The Stars, American Idol, The Voice, etc recently I groaned- but realized this is what celebs must do these days to promote themselves. I didn't like Stevie appearing on any of these shows, but I also knew it was smart business and it wouldn't hurt her status.

However, Stevie is joining the cast of a reality show this time- not just making a one-off appearance. That's what I'm not okay with. I think it could be mostly agreed around here that Steven Tyler resides in roughly the same echelon that Stevie does- lead singer of an iconic 1970s band. However, I definitely feel Steven has tainted the Aerosmith brand by becoming an American Idol judge. There's such a thing as too much exposure, especially if it starts eroding into your collective identity. Steven Tyler is no longer just an iconic rock star anymore- he's also a reality show host & judge. THAT cheapens his & his band's image. THAT'S why I'm not okay with Stevie doing this. She's supposed to be this mystical, elusive rock star... not a game show host.
I agree with you about her status, but maybe she is not going to have enough free time to be a judge. She has other stuff to do.