View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'd like to add that, quite frankly the period in Fleetwood Mac's history between 1990 and 1997, is VERY confusing... and I don't know if any one of *US* can say with certainty what exactly happened.

To the absolute best of my recollection, Stevie's announcement about leaving the band in 1990, was in regards to touring.
She said in several TV and print interviews, as did Mick, that she would continue to record with the band.

Now... the following year when she was compiling 'Timespace' and her request to include "Silver Springs" was denied, THEN she announced that she would "never again" work with Fleetwood Mac.

Apparently her stance did soften however by the summer of 1992, when Lindsey mentioned in a Billboard interview with Timothy White, that he and Stevie had consented to work on some new songs for 'The Chain' boxed set.

After the band (Mick, John, Christine, Lindsey & Stevie) performed at the Clinton Inauguration, Stevie told USA Today that she no longer had any desire to work with the band without Lindsey.

Then several months later, Rolling Stone had a little blurb to the effect that "Now that Stevie Nicks' resignation from Fleetwood Mac has become official, Fleetwood Mac has hired Bekka Bramlett, daughter of Delaney & Bonnie Bramlett."

To add to this confusion, Rick also "officially" left in 1991, but performed with Fleetwood Mac (Mick, John, Christine & Billy) for their Super Bowl gig in 1992 (one week after the Clinton Inauguration).

Billy also left the band at some point, around 1992 i believe, but was back by the time they were recording 'Time,' and toured in support of it (both before and after its release).

One final matter that is also confusing, is the departure of Billy & Bekka.
Many sources stated that the pair left Fleetwood Mac to record their album (Mick has also said that it was then that he decided Fleetwood Mac was finally finished), but other sources state that their departure was never really official... well, not until Stevie & Lindsey rejoined in the spring of '97 anyway.

So.... basically what I'm trying to say is, everything that everyone has mentioned previously in this thread is correct... at least according to one source or another!
*lol*

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 07-23-2002 at 07:46 PM..