View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike1 View Post
This truly pains me more then any other thread I have ever posted, but last night's national show on Craig Fisher (?) was the last straw!!!
Craig Ferguson.

Quote:
It is time for us to admit the new cd is a failure and if Lindsey wants to remain able to put out cds on a popular label such as Warner Reprise, he had better snap out of his middle age/old married I am happy type of boring songs (not too late, shut us down, juniper way, I am waiting, etc.) and start putting out the original exciting stuff we experienced on the so-called gift of screws cd.
Lindsey doesn't need to have a "popular label" to release his music. I don't know why (or, more likely, if) he even does, but, believe me, no one's making any real money off of the Under The Skin CD.

I'm not particularly a fan of the new album either, but if this is the album that he wants to release (its clear how proud he is of it if you read any recent interview), he's earned that right. If it's overblown, guitar pawing indulgent six minute rock epics you're after, I'm sure the new "rock" CD next year will be chock full of them. Count on it.

Quote:
I understand that he is nearing the age of 60 and all good things in life eventually come to an end, but deep down I believe he still has better material then we are seeing. It is sad that this is all we get after 14 years of patience and false releases.
Two albums and (potentially) two tours. What's wrong with that, again? It's not like he's been completely out of sight the last 14 years.

Quote:
Some people say Yoko Ono brought down John Lennon's music quality and I am honestly wondering if wife and kids have brought down Lindsey's quality. It is great that Lindsey is married and finally happy in life (and nobody deserves this more than LB), but reality says his music has suffered from contentment and age/maturity.
Priorities change. I happen to pinpoint the downfall in the early 90's, with OOTC- talk about a complacent record. The tour, which begat the new versions of "Big Love" and "Go Insane" (I'm not even going to touch "Sardonic World"), enhanced the complacency and the rut that he's been in ever since.

Quote:
Let the bashing begin.......but any real LB fan deep down knows that this cd does not fit in the same catagory as Law in Order, Go Insane, and Out of the Cradle.
Anything is better than Out of the Cradle.

Quote:
There has even been a dropoff in quality when comparing the fun "Out of the Cradle" videos to the current batch of boring videos for "Under the Skin".
You *do* realize you're comparing high-six figure budget videos shot on film with home videos shot on the home camcorder, right? After Warners promoted the hell out of OOTC only to have it stiff like the album that it is, you can't expect them to put up the big bucks for a boutique album that will be lucky to sell 50,000 copies.