View Single Post
Old 11-18-2006, 01:25 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymike1 View Post
This truly pains me more then any other thread I have ever posted, but last night's national show on Craig Fisher (?) was the last straw!!! It is time for us to admit the new cd is a failure and if Lindsey wants to remain able to put out cds on a popular label such as Warner Reprise, he had better snap out of his middle age/old married I am happy type of boring songs (not too late, shut us down, juniper way, I am waiting, etc.) and start putting out the original exciting stuff we experienced on the so-called gift of screws cd. His new set of songs are decent by other artists standards, but Lindsey is waaaaay above that level....so much so that I have often considered him the modern age Beethoven/Bach of rock and roll.

I understand that he is nearing the age of 60 and all good things in life eventually come to an end, but deep down I believe he still has better material then we are seeing. It is sad that this is all we get after 14 years of patience and false releases. Some people say Yoko Ono brought down John Lennon's music quality and I am honestly wondering if wife and kids have brought down Lindsey's quality. It is great that Lindsey is married and finally happy in life (and nobody deserves this more than LB), but reality says his music has suffered from contentment and age/maturity.

Let the bashing begin.......but any real LB fan deep down knows that this cd does not fit in the same catagory as Law in Order, Go Insane, and Out of the Cradle. I hope (but seriously doubt) that everyone who stayed up late at night to catch "Not to Late" felt the same thrills they felt when watching Lindsey perform "Countdown" and "Soul Drifter" on David Letterman 14 years ago. There has even been a dropoff in quality when comparing the fun "Out of the Cradle" videos to the current batch of boring videos for "Under the Skin".

Here's to hoping this cd was just an aberration.....
What are you basing this "failure" of a CD on? Sales? Your own opinion? Lindsey is at a point in his career where "sales" don't mean success. He can sell plenty of records with Fleetwood Mac. If he wants to go out, and release a solo album of more "esoteric" material than the Fleetwood Mac outlet allows him, then so be it. MORE music is better than NO music. I think that you're unwarranted in your seemingly spoiled opinion.

Better material than we're all seeing? Ok...I happen to feel that under the skin is a better album than Law & Order, and Go Insane. For me, it's right behind OOTC. Just my opinion. And sure he has more material. All the press (including Lindsey) say he's putting out a companion album of "rocking" material in summer 2007. So just have a little patience there, grasshopper.

Let the bashing begin. Indeed. Were you looking for an argument, or maybe just a little tiff? I should hope not. But it's all in good fun eh? And in regards to your last statement about the album fitting in with his last 3 albums...well of course it doesn't fit it. It's a completely separate record. He wasn't out to make a trilogy or a series of films. Does "Tango in the Night" fit in with "Mirage" or the "Rumours" album? Nope. They're all different.

So there you have it. My opinion on your thread...better than reading some threads here, but not many of them.