View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I'm just implying that it's so subjective & secondary to pit all these women's feminist creditials against each other, when it was never Stevie's clear intention to put herself on any pedestal, or before any other women in her response to women's rights.
I don’t see that people are pitting these women or their credentials, feminist or otherwise, against each other; that would be wrong and misplaced. I initially subjectively thought SN was doing this in that npr interview, and it may have been an impression I got from some of her fans - that they think she was somehow more important while disregarding the others. But in the course of this thread, I thought we resolved this was wrong assumption on my part, no?

All these women people were listing and recognizing objectively deserve credit and they and others who we are forgetting were still a small percentage compared to a number of men rockers, and there is ton of space for many many more. Why diminish them by making it a competition?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 03-18-2013 at 11:13 AM..