View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.uk View Post
I don't know what's happened to the average British concert goer since I last went to a gig, but when did they start all sitting like lemons? You can't go to a live gig like this and not dance! What's the point of shelling out £60 for a ticket if you're not even going to try being moved by the music. If you just want to watch them play competently buy the DVD. Have we lost our soul or is it just good old British stoicism? Have to admit I got up and boogied. Showing my age I guess.
I was there! My first Mac gig ever I was really really impressed with the guys, they were pretty much flawless! Stevie was wonderful, I wasn't expecting her voice to be that good towards the end of such a long stint of touring, but she sounded great. And she really got into it during Stand Back which was fun

John and Mick were great too, there were a couple of shouts of "Go on John!" and "Green Manalishi!" which made me smile and Mick's solo was just bizarre.. and my mum mentioned he looks just like Uncle Albert from Only Fools & Horses.. Haha! I can see the resemblance.

But I think the real star was Lindsey.. I know it's been said all tour but he stole the show, he has so much energy and actually getting to see him play live made me realise just what an excellent guitarist he is. He got standing ovations for Big Love and I'm So Afraid.

As for the crowd... The reviewer was right.. They were a right poe faced lot. The only people that were dancing or even standing were right at the front. Me and my mum both wanted to get up for a few songs at least but felt like we couldn't.. We only got to stand for the encore and even then most people sat back down halfway through. Everyone was really just sat there like lemons, not even singing along or nodding their heads. It was frustrating. What is the point of spending that amount of money to see such legends and not enjoying yourself?? But I didn't let it spoil my night, I had a great time!