View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
One key difference IMO is that Tori actually plays to her hardcore fanbase and nurtures her cult ..Fleetwood Mac and La Nicks seem far more interested in pleasing the casual fan /nostalgic boomer audience.
Oh, yeah, that's absolutely true. Tori is much more personally involved with the fans than I think it would ever even occur to the Mac to be. She will play those "obscure" songs that are fan favorites (whereas we can all hold our breaths til we die for SOTM live and still not hear it, methinks), and if you make it to the venue in time, you'll often be able to go say hi to her before the show and she'll actually spend a few minutes with each person that made it to the meet & greet area, she'll take song requests and do them, etc.

She seems like she very much understands how important her music is to us and makes it a point to connect on some kind of personal level as much as she can. I appreciate that about her.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''