View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I found this on one of the Stevie tumblr blogs:

I have connections, and make no mistake that the ONLY part Stevie played in Lindsey's firing, is that she is not available to tour later next year. She has solo commitments for after this already-planned Mac tour, only for him to decide he wanted to postpone. So FM had to choose between touring now without Lindsey, or touring next year without Stevie. Alas, fans need a bad guy and they've decided Stevie's it.

Asked by Anonymous
Sure, but it also has a lot to do with the the recent past: Stevie refusing to record a new album with FM and instead wanting to tour with an older album of hers, many people were pissed about that, and it’s not hard to imagine that this was also part of the build up that led to Lindsey’s departure.

this puts a more realistic context around the reports that Mick/the band mgmt had polled promoters to see which configuration of the band would sell more tickets (and then use that as their decision tool )

The essence of the rumour is true but there was no context around it. Context matters.

Still doesn't change what I think of the outcome, but it shows better how the pieces fell into place.

So with this info I can see them debating back and forth about dates, and Stevie / her camp saying "look, we already have dates booked / planned for next year, so I will not be available for any Mac dates then" and then I can absolutely see them throwing down the gauntlet and saying, "so decide if you want him or me". This would be very very very in line with the tactic she / they used during SYW negotiations about the album being single or double album... she threatened, "if you make it a double album I will not tour beyond the 40 dates we've already booked". It reinforces that of course they know she's a major draw for the audience (and they clearly believe she is the MAIN draw) and will throw out that card whenever it suits their agenda... "well fine, do what you want, but if you do Stevie will take her ball and go home". They know this will scare the pants off Mick...and....she gets her way.

They can couch it as just giving the band the facts and letting the band decide as much as they want, but it was clearly intended and taken as an ultimatum.