View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thank you both for your replies -

Couple of questions:

1) ChiliD - Were you able to find the Blue Horizon LPs, FM's or other BH artists (Chicken Shack, Duster Bennett, Dave Kelly etc.)during the years the label was active?

2) Greenfire - did you find that the Internet was helpful in tracking down titles otherwise not available or in obtaining information to help in making a purchasing decision?

Greenfire, I know exactly what you're talking about - the first Fleetwood Mac I picked up was the "Live at the BBC" collection, having read a positive write up in a guitar magazine.
Like you, I didn't quite know what to make of it. It was all over the map. The only tracks I knew from this line up at the time, were "Black Magic Woman", "Albatross", "Watch Out" and "I Can't Hold Out". Which actually should have prepared me for the eclecticism found on the two BBC discs - but for some reason, I expected, and wanted just straight forward Blues - or maybe something closer to Cream :0!
I returned it, (there was a skip in "Jumping At Shadows") but over time, I found myself thinking a about the tracks on there that I really did like, and now I wanted them!
One day, (I remember becasuse it was one of the few times I was flush with cash) I spotted the Blue Horizon box, liked the price point and bought it. Only gamble I ever made that paid off like that!
Here's what I was looking for! And I've been building my collection since then.

Again, thanks for taking the time, look forward to hearing from you again

All the rusted signs we ignore throughout our lives, choosing the shiny ones instead
E. Vedder