View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Why did he stop at playing with pre-recorded guitar and percussion tracks? Heck, he could go out on the road with "Fleetwood Mac," including Christine's pre-recorded vocals and keyboard parts. I seriously wonder what was the motivation for the "band in a can" tour. Did his accountant ring him up to tell him that he hasn't earned any income in three years and that he needs to finally tour AND make money at the same time?

I can respect and appreciate a totally solo acoustic show. And it would be quite a novelty if he could play live against digital samples of his guitar playing recorded on stage. But this is a bit hard to stomach. It's a bit lazy actually. He had the opportunity to re-present his catalog with new arrangements and instrumentation, but instead has relied on the tried and true "rock show" approach. Cop out. I suppose I shouldn't pass judgment until I've had a chance to witness things firsthand, but the "band in a can" thing is just sooo not cool with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I'm not really surprised by this in the least. The way Lindsey works in the studio by himself and given the technology...it's almost a no brainer to assume he would have a laptop hooked up with a few rhythm tracks to back him up. He's very rarely a solo performer in the purest sense. It's hard to picture him in a James Taylor sort of performance.

That being said, I do agree that maybe some new arrangements would of been cool. GYOW acoustic would of been cool among other things. So sure, maybe I am a little disappointed if it's going to be last years set list minus a band. I can't blame anyone for being a little disappointed in that.

Being the guitar wiz that he is, you would think he would really want the show to be a showcase of his ability and show that ability in broader depth.

I was kind of hoping for more of a sit down, intimate, mtv unplugged kind of thing which this isn't looking to be thus far.
Exactly. I'm disappointed, but relieved that I won't really be missing anything since I doubt I'll get to see him on this tour. Keep my fingers crossed for something else in the future - as long as they don't do a FM lip synching tour...