View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by David

The solo career nonsense, originally a way for certain members to find a little satisfaction between Mac bouts, wound up destroying the band -- ironic considering the solo albums initially helped save the band from disintegrating from exhaustion & hurt feelings & group alienation.
I'm wondering if they even made any money on the solo efforts? Lindsey probably didn't sell enough to break even or fund the costs of the OOTC tour, musicians, etc. Stevie may have made some money on her solo albums and concerts - I don't know. At least she's making some personal appearances and stoking her career fire occasionally. And, although they protest that money is never the motivation, I don't think they expect to lose money either.

I sorta feel like this is their last hurrah. I think Lindsey will go off and produce or arrange for other musicians and Stevie will continue to make appearances and possibly solo albums. Mick will have to join a band in order to support himself and John's probably rich enough to just sail around having fun.

Good to see you here in Lindseyland, David! We need smart thoughtful people like you.

Barbara